Monday, January 18, 2010

Jesus and the Children

This week, our lesson was about Jesus and the children.  Parents wanted Jesus to bless their children but His followers said No.  Our lesson started with things that make us stop and go.  Can you think of anything that makes you stop?  I had the children draw a picture from either category on the white board.  The children had to guess what they were drawing.  The kids love doing this sort of thing.  At the end of my lesson, I had several items in both categories

In my class, I have been trying to show the importance of prayer and how much God cares about the children.  We have a prayer board with a asked area and an answered area so this was a wonderful moment for me to drive home the point about how much the Lord wants to know them and how much he cares about them (even at their age).  Wouldn't it be wonderful if children grasped the concept that God cares for them and hears them?  What a powerful thing to know especially when they become teenagers and adults.

I enjoy teaching very much and look forward to posting more from the Sprout Room.


Blessings overflowing,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment or contact us via the link at the top of the blog page. THanks!